February 9, 2019
It is unbelievable January is behind us and we are in February! Before we all know it, the 2019 summer months will be upon us, and with that for our returning pool families and new members alike, the 2019 Swim season!
Summer is time for fun and relaxation. The Hasbrouck Heights Swim Club is the perfect place to unwind and enjoy the season. Our members and their guests get the opportunity to beat the heat of summer in their own backyard and avoid the parkway traffic! The pool is a great way to stay cool, catch some rays, meet new friends and best of all, it’s an activity that can be enjoyed by the whole family. We would also like to welcome every one of our members back for the 2019 season at the Hasbrouck Heights Swim Club.
We are also pleased to announce that Mark Morici will be back again as our Head Pool Manager, Dylan Kaiser as our Assistant Pool Manager and Jenna Digiacinto as our closing manager.
• REPAIRS BEHIND US!
We are so pleased that last summer everyone was able to enjoy the benefits of all the pool repairs, basketball court, corn-hole area, Gaga pit and more! These updates were a long time coming! Special thanks for the Repair Committee for driving to make this happen:
- Jennifer Ober – President
- Dana Newman – Vice President
- Jen Tsigaras – Treasurer
- Peter Barron – Head of Maintenance
As a reminder, HHSC is Bondholder Owned, which means you are a partial owner of this new and improved pool. Since we are a not-for-profit pool, this means that all funds received go directly back into the construction, up keep, activities and running of the pool for the enjoyment of all members.
This year the board had to react to the current revised laws for minimum wage to continue to be competitive and keep our pool staffed. Due to the change in wages we will be raising the dues for the 2019 season by $25 for anyone that did not take part in our winter promotion. That is less than a quarter a day for the season. The new rate for the season will be $765. If you would like to start sending in money early, to put yourself on a payment plan, please feel free to send installments to P.O. Box 192 or pay via our website (www.hhswimclub.com) at any time prior to April 1st, 2019. Please do not forget to list your membership #.
• PAYMENT & PROOF OF RESIDENCY DUE DATE / LATE FEE
We will continue to send out invoices electronically this year no later than March 1st. Members are reminded that all dues must be paid in full by April 1 st, 2019, to avoid a $50 late fee. Please get these in on time and don’t request an extension.
Member questionnaire and proof of residency will need to be submitted at same time but can now be done on line (see website update below for steps). For any billing inquiries or if you do not receive an emailed invoice by March 1st, please contact us at email@example.com.
• RESIGNATIONS / LATE NOTIFICATION LATE FEE
If you are planning to resign your membership for the 2019 season, while we are sad to see you go, you must notify the club in writing, by April 1 st, 2019 to avoid the $100 penalty.
Email your resignation to firstname.lastname@example.org and mail in your bond certificate or notarized letter (in case you have misplaced your bond certificate) for the bond refund process to begin. Please be respectful of your fellow members and notify us so that the board may effectively manage membership totals and budget accordingly.
• GUEST FEES
We are happy to report that guest fees and birthday party rates will not go up in 2019.
- Guest Fees – Weekdays $10
- Guest Fees – Weekends $12
- Guest Fees- We will also be continuing to offer $5 discounted twilight guest passes for those members that bring a guest after 4pm Monday – Friday
• BIRTHDAY PARTIES / GAGA OPTIONAL ADD ON
We are also happy to let you know birthday party rates will remain the same at $50 for a two-hour party, which includes:
- Reserved table in the picnic area for your entire party!
- As always, members are free!
- New this year – The first two guests (valid day of party only) we be on us
- We will also continue to offer the rental of the Gaga pit during birthday parties for an additional $50 per hour. Gaga is still available for private 24 rentals for $100! Compare that to other birthday venues! Many places such as the WoodRidge Cub Scouts, Care for me Daycare and Hasbrouck Heights Middle School have taken advantage of this amazing deal. Contact us today for your party!
As you are aware, we are trying to determine ways to fundraise. Many ideas are being considered. Here are some ideas. Please consider volunteering, we would love your help to pull them off! Please contact the fundraising committee: Caroline Stevens, Mike Davis, Tim McGuire, Craig Birth & Liz Liu
- Comedy Night – Comedian Taylor Williamson (from Americas Got Talent)
- Bananas Comedy Club in Holiday Inn, Route 17 HH
- Saturday 4/27 7:30pm show $35
- Get your tickets now by contacting Caroline at email@example.com
- Buy a brick! – This has been a great success thanks to the hard work of Liz Liu. The first round of bricks has been delivered and will be installed prior to opening day. We will be ordering a next wave so secure a place in the pool legacy by ordering an engraved brick. The brick will by 4″x8″ with 3 lines of engraving for $50! Please go to www.hhswimclub.com to order a brick We will be promoting the fundraiser again in the beginning of the new season.
- Corn Hole Tournament
- Poker by the Pool
- Restaurant Night
- Smash A Car Down at the Pool
- Sip & Paint by the Pool
- Foul Shooting contest
- Parents night out
- Self Defense class
• MEMBERSHIP EXPANSION
Tell your family and friends, we are still accepting applications. As a reminder since we modified our lease with the town in 2017, we are now also accepting applications for Sponsored Families from other towns (5 current pool family references are needed with each application).
• GET FREE STUFF (Pay on time and refer a friend)
- As an incentive to receive payment by April 1st, we are offering two nontransferable / non-replaceable FREE GUEST PASSES for everyone who posts their credit card charge or postmarks their check payments by April 1st (no exceptions after April 1st), so please get those dues in and take advantage of this special offer.
- Refer a friend and as an incentive We will grant two non-transferable / nonreplaceable FREE GUEST PASSES for every family that refers a “NEW” member (applications will be updated to include a field for membership referral). This field must be filled out with the name of the referring member for them to receive their guest passes.
- And for the member who refers the most “NEW” member referrals for the season (expires Labor Day): we will grant a $50 of free credits to use in the 2020 season!
Start spreading the news and cash in on our amazing savings this season! Any questions? Our head of membership Michelle Nipitella will be happy to help! Just email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
You may have noticed we have undergone some enhancements to our webize. Special thanks to Nicole Buonomo for identifying a more cost effective and collaborative technology partner.
Please take a moment to view us at www.hhswimclub.com.
- You can now renew and pay your membership online through our merchant services web portal
- Log in under existing member and click on member questionnaire to fill out and submit proof of residency.
- Then Select Pay Your Bill On Line from the home screen and you can submit your credit card for invoice payment.
- Events, swim lessons, and swim & dive meet information will all be posted and updated on our calendar.
All other inquiries can continue to be sent to email@example.com
• SWIM LESSONS
We are happy to continue to offer swim lessons again this year, at the cost of $30 per child per session. That is only $3 a day per lesson! Tentative dates for lessons are included with this letter, and more information to follow.
• SWIM AND DIVE TEAM
We look forward to welcoming Swim and dive teams back for a great season, but we are looking to fill some important vacancies for the Swim team before we begin the season
- Swim Team coaches (any interest please contact Mark Morici as soon as possible)
- Swim moms to split the duties. If you have a child on the Swim team, please consider, volunteering for this critical role to help us secure a successful swim team season. Please contact us general mailbox or Ronnell Kearns, the boards Swim/Dive team liaison if interested
• EVENTS & ACTIVITIES!
We hope you noticed and enjoyed the amazing pool events last season! There were events for all ages:
- Membership Appreciation / Open House Day
- First Annual Summer Olympics
- Halloween at the pool
- Luau night
- Doo-wop night
- Exclusive teen night (13+ party)
- Middle School Social (6th grade +)
- Family fun nights
- Raft night
- Self Defense Class
Our Social Events Committee, led by Jodi Bernett is currently working on planning 2019 events and expanding activities to include Christmas in July and more! These events help our community grow, bond, and thrive.
• HOW TO CONTACT US?!
Notifications and updates will be sent via email, Facebook and Instagram (like us, if you have not already done so). Emails should be directed to the following:
- Billing and/or Resignation Questions – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Membership Questions – email@example.com
- All other Questions – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website (forms, calendar, questionnaire, new member application and MORE) – www.hhswimclub.com
- Payments can be mailed to P.O. Box 192, Hasbrouck Heights, NJ 07604 or paid on line via our website, www.hhswimclub.com (see above for instructions)
This Is Your Pool… To have an efficiently operated pool, it is necessary for members to fully comply with the rules and regulations. They are for your safety and to protect your investment in the club. Parents, please caution your children to observe the rules and regulations and to obey the instructions of the pool staff. We encourage you to get to know all Managers and provide them and the Board of Trustees your support. The Board give up much of their time to ensure that the club runs well for years to come, so your support is appreciated. Our rules and bylaws can be found on our website www.hhswimclub.com.
In conclusion, we want to express our enthusiasm for the 2019 summer season, appreciation to the current and past Board of Trustees and most importantly a big thanks to all the members that make this club successful year after year. We are looking forward to the great things ahead for HHSC.
As always, if there is anything we can do to help make your day at the pool more enjoyable, such as, assistance with your umbrella or cleaning your table off, please just stop at the front desk and ask for assistance. We are there to help.
The Hasbrouck Heights Swim Club Board of Trustees hopes us identifying in this letter which area each board members specializes in volunteering their time to help try to make the pool better helps everyone understand who is behind the scenes in these areas. We would be remiss to not thank Jeanine Sickels for her weekly dedication to approving all the Lifeguard and Manager payroll as well.
Hoping for a Sunny 2019 season,
Hasbrouck Heights Swim Club Board of Trustees
President, Hasbrouck Heights Swim Club